- back to top -
The X-Treme Santa Cruz 48v Electric Beach Cruiser brings out the beachgoer inside you whether you live near the shore or not. This seaside style bicycle is an upgraded version of the 24 volt X-Treme Newport. The Santa Cruz kicks it up a notch with advanced features like a 48 volt Lithium LiPo4 battery, 500 watt motor, Smart Power Assist System (SPAS), higher quality components and more.
BUY TODAY & SAVE $50 w/ DISCOUNT COUPON CODE: urbanwow
The advanced motor, SPAS and battery system on the X-Treme Santa Cruz combine to deliver speeds of up to 25mph and a range of up to a 70 miles. The 500 watt motor is powerful enough to conquer medium sized hills and inclines without even pedaling. In X-Treme testing, this ebike achieved a continuous speed of 18mph on a 5 - 7% mountain grade for 45 minutes!
When you flip on the SPAS feature the motor drives power to the rear wheel as you pedal. It’s a “smart” power assist system because it lets you choose how much power. SPAS can be set from level 1 (low power) to level 5 (high power). The higher the setting the more help the motor gives you while pedaling. This system helps maximize range by being nearly twice as efficient as non-smart PAS.
The X-Treme Santa Cruz Electric Beach Cruiser can be ridden as follows:
1) Pedal Power Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – Thumb the throttle and the motor engages. The harder you press, the faster you go. You can also pedal while in Twist and Go mode.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – The motor drives power to the rear wheel as you pedal. There are five power settings to choose from. Level 1 delivers the least power and level 5 the most. While in SPAS mode you can also trigger the throttle to increase speed.
The Santa Cruz by X-Treme is jam packed with high-end features like Suntour® 700C hydraulic fork suspension, 9 speed Shimano® Atlus gear & shifter system, King Meter® LED Smart Power Assist System (w/ power assist level indicator, speedometer, odometer and battery level indicator), Kenda® beach tires, an extra wide and super comfy Velo® seat, zero resistance gearing on the motor so it freewheels, LED headlight, quick release axels, smart charger, rear cargo rack, basket, LiPo4 batteries and more. The battery pack has a key lock, is easy to remove and can be charged remotely.
Another nice perk is that in most states electric bikes can be ridden without a driver's license, insurance or registration (take a look at our electric bike law
page for the details).
- back to top -
: 25 mph on electric power only (up to 45+ mph when using pedal assist).
: Up to 28 miles using TAG only, 70 miles when using the lowest SPAS setting. You can always pedal for unlimited range.
: Bafang® 500 watt rear hub motor with clutch. The motor is zero resistance, high torque and has an internal digital torque sensor.
: 18" lightweight, hand-welded 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame. Every component is aluminum so the bike is immune to rust. Suntour 700C hydraulic front forks. Aluminum alloy front sprocket and VP gooseneck.
• Drive System
: Rear hub drive (motor located in the center of the rear wheel). Chain drive for pedaling. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist Digital System (SPAS) with USB phone charging port. 9 speed Shimano Atlus gears & shifter. Variable speed thumb throttle. 48v 15ah sealed smart controller.
: 48 volt, 10.4 amp lightweight Lithium LiPo4 batteries in a sealed pack. The battery pack is quickly and easily removable and can be charged when away from the bike. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time
: Up to 3 hours.
: Front and rear Tektro disk brakes.
Width at handlebars: 25.5"
: 61 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity
: The manufacturer lists 350 lbs, however we recommend the weight not exceed 300 lbs.
: 26" x 2.10" Kenda pneumatic beach cruiser tires on aluminum wheels. Flip lever quick release axles on the front and rear wheels.
• X-Treme Warranty
: 6 month manufacturer's Signature Series warranty including 1 year warranty on batteries, a lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support.
- back to top -
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display includes; battery level indicator, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer and speedometer.
• Comfortable adjustable height Velo brand beach cruiser seat (30.75" - 38.5").
• Battery operated, Snap-On LED headlight (not covered under warranty).
• 48v output UL certified smart charger.
• Aluminum rear carry rack with rear reflector.
• Lightweight folding wire basket can attach to the handlebars or rear rack.
• Velo brand hand grips.
• Drink holder.
• Front and rear spoke reflectors.
• Tool kit.
• (Optional) Extended Warranty: Add 6 months to your warranty. Total warranty period is 1 year on the bike. The warranty on the batteries remains 1 year.
- back to top -
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized X-Treme Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some minor assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 55" x 9" x 28", 69 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (4 - 6 weeks after purchase).