- back to top -
The X-Treme Rocky Road Fat Tire Electric Mountain Bike is a 48 volt model for riders who love the look and feel of monster sized tires. Oversized MOZO® hydraulic forks go a step further to cushion bumps on the trail.
URBANSCOOTERS.COM HOLIDAY SALE!
• Save $50 With Coupon Code “urbanwow”
• Lowest Price, No Tax, Free Shipping & our Price Match Guarantee
• FREE X-Treme Logo T-Shirt
• Electric Bike Experts Since 2002
Up To 15 Days After Christmas
• Your Warranty
Won’t Start Counting Down Until Christmas
This X-Treme Electric Bike comes with; charger, headlight, tool kit and drink holder… standard
The Rocky Road is part of X-Treme’s 48 volt series of electric bikes and shares much in common with its brothers and sisters. All 48 volt models are built using higher quality materials, components and deliver greater performance.
The X-Treme Rocky Road 48v electric mountain bike is packed with top-of-the-line components like MOZO® hydraulic front forks, KS rear suspension, 500w Bafang® motor, Tektro® disk brakes, advanced LiPo4 battery pack, Shimano® Atlus 9 speed shifter and gears and oversized Kenda® mountain bike tires.
The Bafang 500w motor puts out 200 watts more power than X-Treme’s 24v models. You’ll reach a top speed of 25mph with plenty of torque to take on medium sized hills and mountainous terrain without pedaling. The battery system cranks out 48 volts and will deliver you up to 70 miles when using power assist. The battery pack is easily removable, can be charged remotely and come with a key lock. In manufacturer testing X-Treme 48v ebikes maintained a speed of 18mph on a 5 - 7% mountain grade for 45 minutes!
The Rocky Road is equipt with a King Meter® Smart Power Assist System (SPAS). Flip the switch and the motor delivers power to the rear wheel as you pedal. The amount of power depends on which of the 5 settings you choose. This “smart” power assist system is about twice as efficient as the standard PAS on X-Treme’s 24v ebikes.
The Rocky Road by X-Treme can be powered as follows:
1) Pedal Power Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – Press the variable speed thumb throttle and go! For an extra boost, pedal to pick up the speed.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – Activate SPAS and the motor delivers power to the rear wheel while you pedal. Choose from five power assist settings. The higher the setting, the easier it is to pedal. For an extra blast of speed, simply give it throttle or pedal harder.
- back to top -
: 25 mph on throttle power only. Speeds up to 45+ mph when pedaling.
: Up to 28 miles with TAG only, 70 miles on SPAS setting #1 and unlimited range when pedaling.
: Bafang® 500 watt rear hub motor offers high torque, zero resistance when pedaling and has an internal digital torque sensor.
: 18" 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame. The frame is strong, light and 100% hand-welded. Oversized MOZO® hydraulic front forks and KS rear shock suspension. Full sized aluminum beach cruiser fenders in the front and rear. Aluminum alloy VP gooseneck and front sprocket. Wellgo pedal set.
• Drive System
: Rear hub drive / standard chain drive for pedaling. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) with USB charging port. 9 speed Shimano Atlus gears & shifter. Variable speed thumb throttle. Sealed smart controller (48v, 15ah).
: Advanced, lightweight lithium LiPo4 batteries (48 volt / 10.4 amp) in a sealed pack hidden in the frame. Battery pack can be easily removed and charged remotely. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time
: Up to 3 hours.
: Tektro disk brakes in the front and rear.
Width at handlebars: 25.5"
: 67 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity
: X-Treme states 350 lbs, however we suggest a rider weight of 300 lbs or less.
: Pneumatic Kenda oversized fat tires measuring 26" x 4". All aluminum wheels. Joytech quick release front hub. Waterproof rear wheel quick release. Waterproof front axle quick disconnect.
• X-Treme Warranty
: 6 month manufacturer's Signature Series warranty including 1 year warranty on batteries, a lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support. Removable LED headlight not covered under warranty.
- back to top -
• Top of the line, adjustable height Velo mountain bike seat. Adjustable from 32.5" - 40.5".
• LCD Display on the handlebars w/ battery level indicator, SPAS power assist level indicator, speedometer and odometer.
• Snap-on LED headlight.
• Velo hand grips.
• Drink holder.
• Aluminum rear cargo rack.
• Reflectors on the front & rear spokes.
• 48v UL certified smart battery charger.
• Kick stand.
• Tool kit.
• Extended Warranty (optional): Add 6 months to your warranty. Total warranty period is 1 year on the bike. The warranty on the batteries remains 1 year.
- back to top -
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized X-Treme Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some minor assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 63" x 10" x 30", 83 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (4 - 6 weeks after purchase).
* Sales tax charged in CA.