STATEMENT URBANSCOOTERS.COM LLC|
- Information Collection. UrbanScooters.com is the sole owner of the information collected on UrbanScooters.com.
UrbanScooters.com collects information from our users at several different points on our Web site.
- Registration. During registration a user is required to give contact information (such as name and email address).
We use this information to contact the user about services on our site for which he has expressed interest.
- Order. We request information from the user on our order form. A user must provide contact information (such as name,
email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). This information
is used for billing purposes and to fill customer's orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is
used to contact the user. SSL security is outsourced to a third party service provider, to ensure the security of
credit card information. This service provider does not use any information for secondary purposes.
- Prospect Information. We also may request prospect information from our users. For example, if a customer chooses
to buy one of our products as a gift we will also collect that persons shipping information (i.e., name and address).
- Information Use. All members of UrbanScooters.com may receive new product information or newsletters and may be notified
of any special discounts we are running at the time.
- Cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie
is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We use [both] session ID cookies and
persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent
cookie is a small text file stored on the user's hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be
removed by following Internet browser help file directions. By setting a cookie for our site, members would not have to
log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If users reject the cookie, they may still use
our site. Persistent cookies enable us to keep the users shopping cart information in case they decide to order at a later
- Log Files. Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser
type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze
trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate
use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We employ the following tracking utilities that
use log files to analyze user movement and buying patterns; Wusage, Google Analytics, and KeywordMax.
- Special Offers and Updates. We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will
occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our
users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.
- Newsletter. If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out
of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.
- Customer Service. We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating
to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users' wishes.
- Affiliate Information. UrbanScooters.com offers an affiliate program. This program allows users to sign up as an affiliate and
- Legal Disclaimer. Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when
required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding,
a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
These are the instances in which we will share users' personal information:
- Third Party Intermediaries. We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users
for goods and services and we use an outside collections agency to collect outstanding invoices. These companies do not retain share,
store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- Choice/Opt-out. Our users are given the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having their information used for purposes not directly related
to our site at the point where we ask for information. For example, our order form has an 'opt-out' mechanism so users who buy a product
from us, but don't want any marketing material, can keep their email address off of our lists. Users who no longer wish to receive our
newsletter and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line
in the email or email us at email@example.com.
- Links. This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, UrbanScooters.com, are not responsible for the privacy
practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each
and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by
this Web site.
- Tell-A-Friend. If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for their name and email
address and their friend's name and email address. UrbanScooters.com will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to
visit the site and the user a confirmation notice by email. UrbanScooters.com uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this
one-time email and confirmation notice.
- Question & Answer Feature. If a user elects to use our Question & Answer feature, we ask for their name, email address, city and
state. UrbanScooters.com will send the user a one-time email providing confirmation that their question has been posted, then a second
one-time email providing an answer to their question. Additionally, UrbanScooters.com will post this information on its website along with
the answer provided. UrbanScooters.com does not use this information for any other purpose.
- This Web site takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site,
their information is protected both online and off-line. When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information
(such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption
software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as
Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just 'surfing'.
- While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information
off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only
employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative)
are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must login to a password-protected administration area to
access this information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Any time new policies
are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our
users' information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment,
behind a locked cage and in a locked facility.
- If users have any questions about the security at our Web site, users can send an email to
- Supplementation of Information. In order for this Web site to properly fulfill its obligation to users it is necessary for us to
supplement the information we receive with information from 3rd party sources.
- Address Verification. We use CardService International to verify a user's identity and address to authorize their credit card.
- Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information. If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code,
phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate
users' personally identifiable information. To do so, users may contact Customer Support at 626-799-2099 or
and other places we deem appropriate so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what
collected. If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time
of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different
manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be
contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy
practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Web site notifying
users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us,
notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
Phone (626) 799-2099
Fax (626) 799-9939
Postal Address: 1107 Fair Oaks Avenue #244 South Pasadena, CA 91030
* not a mailing address for Refunds
Web site URL : UrbanScooters.com