- back to top -
The X-Treme Catalina Electric Beach Cruiser is the exact same seashore themed electric bike as the 48 Volt X-Treme Santa Cruz with the exception of the frame. The Catalina comes with a step-through easy access frame.
BUY TODAY & SAVE $50 w/ DISCOUNT COUPON CODE: urbanwow
The Catalina by X-Treme is powered by a 500w motor that jets you to speeds of up to 25 miles per hour. If you want to go faster, just pedal. The motor can handle medium hills all by itself, there’s no need for pedaling. In X-Treme testing, this ebike held a speed of 18 mph on a 5-7% grade for 45 minutes! The advanced 48 volt LiPo4 Lithium battery system offers tremendous range. You’ll travel 28 miles on battery power alone and up to 70 miles while using the Smart Power Assist System (SPAS). The battery pack is easy to remove and can be charged remotely.
The X-Treme Catalina electric beach cruiser has a laundry list of features not usually found on an electric bike this affordable. It’s fully loaded with awesome stuff like a 9 speed Shimano® Atlus gear & shifter system, Tektro® disk brakes, Suntour® 700C hydraulic forks for a smooth ride, King Meter® LED Smart Power Assist System (w/ power assist level indicator, speedometer, odometer and battery level indicator), Kenda® beach tires, zero resistance gearing on the motor so it freewheels, an extra wide and comfortable Velo® spring cushioned seat, advanced LiPo4 batteries, quick release axels, LED headlight, basket, cargo rack and much more.
To make pedaling easier, activate the Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) feature. It automatically applies power to the rear wheel as you pedal. As opposed to the standard Power Assist System (PAS) on X-Treme’s 24 volt electric bicycles, this system is smart and twice as efficient. PAS only offers one power option. SPAS offers five. With SPAS the higher the setting the more power you send to the rear wheel and the easier it is to pedal.
The X-Treme Catalina Electric Beach Cruiser can be powered a number of different ways:
1) Pedaling Only.
2) Twist And Go – There’s a variable speed thumb throttle for instant speed. The harder you press, the faster you go. You can also pedal while using the throttle.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – Switch on SPAS and the motor applies power to the rear wheel while pedaling. Five power assist settings are available. The higher the setting the more power is delivered to the back wheel. If you need an extra burst of speed, just thumb the throttle.
If you’re looking for a beachgoer with a step-through frame, but the Catalina is out of your price range, check out the X-Treme Malibu Electric Beach Cruiser
- back to top -
: 25 mph on electric power only (up to 45+ mph when using pedal assist).
: Up to 28 miles using TAG only, 70 miles when using the lowest SPAS setting. You can always pedal for unlimited range.
: Bafang® 500 watt rear hub motor with clutch. The motor is zero resistance, high torque and has an internal digital torque sensor.
: 18" lightweight, hand-welded 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame. Aluminum beach cruiser fenders over both the front and rear tires keep the sand off you while you ride. Every component is aluminum so the bike is immune to rust. Suntour 700C hydraulic front forks. Aluminum alloy front sprocket and VP gooseneck.
• Drive System
: Rear hub drive (motor located in the center of the rear wheel). Chain drive for pedaling. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist Digital System (SPAS) with USB phone charging port. 9 speed Shimano Atlus gears & shifter. Variable speed thumb throttle. 48v 15ah sealed smart controller.
: 48 volt, 10.4 amp lightweight Lithium LiPo4 batteries in a sealed pack. The battery pack is quickly and easily removable and can be charged when away from the bike. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time
: Up to 3 hours.
: Front and rear Tektro disk brakes.
Width at handlebars: 25.5"
: 61 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity
: The manufacturer lists 350 lbs, however we recommend the weight not exceed 300 lbs.
: 26" x 2.10" Kenda pneumatic beach cruiser tires on aluminum wheels. Flip lever quick release axles on the front and rear wheels.
• X-Treme Warranty
: 6 month manufacturer's Signature Series warranty including 1 year warranty on batteries, a lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support.
- back to top -
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display includes; battery level indicator, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer and speedometer.
• Comfortable adjustable height Velo brand beach cruiser seat (30.75" - 38.5").
• Battery operated, Snap-On LED headlight (not covered under warranty).
• 48v output UL certified smart charger.
• Aluminum rear carry rack with rear reflector.
• Lightweight folding wire basket can attach to the handlebars or rear rack.
• Velo brand hand grips.
• Drink holder.
• Front and rear spoke reflectors.
• Tool kit.
• (Optional) Extended Warranty: Add 6 months to your warranty. Total warranty period is 1 year on the bike. The warranty on the batteries remains 1 year.
- back to top -
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized X-Treme Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some minor assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 55" x 9" x 28", 69 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (4 - 6 weeks after purchase).