- back to top -
The X-Treme Summit 48 Volt Electric Mountain Bike is the top-of-the-line ebike from X-Treme. It’s a high-end, quality built electric bicycle from a manufacturer with 10+ years in the business. Take a good look at this one. When you factor in the quality, state-of-the-art components, boundless features and affordable price, you’ll find the Summit gives you a lot of bang for your buck.
BUY TODAY & SAVE $50 w/ DISCOUNT COUPON CODE: urbanwow
There are tons of features that set the Summit apart from the competition, but its greatest advantage is motor placement. On most ebikes, you find the motor mounted in the hub of the rear wheel. A hub motor is heavy, impacts performance, handling and creates drag. The X-Treme Summit Electric Mountain Bike’s motor is located in the center, lower part of the frame and delivers a remarkably superior ride. In addition, the mid-motor system means you have zero resistance when riding with the power off. Riding while powered down feels almost identical to riding a standard high end bicycle.
The X-Treme Summit 48v’s 350 watt motor takes you up to 25 mph on throttle only. The Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) coupled with mid-motor placement lets you hit speeds up to 45+ mph when pedaling! The Summit delivers plenty of torque to get you up small hills and inclines on electric power alone. You can travel up to 32 miles on battery power only or 40+ miles when using the highly efficient SPAS feature. If you want to travel farther, buy another "easy swap" Summit battery pack
. Carry it with you to double your ride time.
The advanced tech and features don’t end there. The X-Treme Summit electric mountain bike comes with a Shimano Tourney® 27 Speed Derailleur and Shifter system (3 speed derailleur in the front and a 9 speed derailleur in the rear). In fact, it’s the only 27 speed electric bike on the market. The front fork suspension is from Suntour®, the bicycle industries leading source. You also get JAK® 3S front and rear disk brakes, handlebar black bar ends that allow a second hand position (this increases comfort and is ideal when stand-up riding to tackle a hill or increase speed), advanced "easy swap" lithium LiFePo4 batteries, Kenda® off-road tires, a LED headlight, fully adjustable seat, a rear carry rack and more.
The X-Treme Summit 48 volt electric mountain bike comes with a Smart Power Assist System (SPAS). SPAS manages power output from the motor while pedaling to maximize efficiency. Five different power levels are available. The higher the level the more power the motor delivers. This feature makes pedaling much easier and helps take the sweat out of your ride. The SPAS on the Summit 48v is more advanced than the one found on their 36v electric bikes. The LCD display not only gives you the power assist level, battery level, speed, temperature, watt usage, an odometer and a timer, but also includes a torque sensor. This sensor detects the torque needed to climb a hill and increases torque output accordingly. The end result is a much more pleasant hill climbing experience.
Three SPAS power options are available:
1) Pedal Power Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – The motor kicks in when you twist the throttle. The more you twist the faster you go. You can pedal while giving it throttle as well.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – When SPAS is turned on, power is delivered from the motor with every rotation of the pedals. This power assist system is smart because the rider chooses the power output. SPAS offers five levels of assist from level 1 (minimum power) to level 5 (maximum power). If you need an extra boost of speed, you can always twist the throttle.
If you’re looking for a similar model at a lower cost, check out the 36 Volt Rubicon
and the 24 Volt Trail Maker
- back to top -
: 25 mph on electric power only (up to 45+ mph with pedal assist).
: 32 miles on battery power only, 40+ miles when using the minimum SPAS setting. You can always pedal for unlimited range.
: Lightweight 350 watt brushless mid-frame mounted motor. It offers zero resistance with the power off, as well as superior handling and performance whether using power or not.
: 19.5" 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame (top quality and lightweight). SA Suntour® XCM front forks. The right fork holds a hydraulic lock-out cartridge while the left has a coil spring with a preload adjuster. Aluminum alloy mountain bike handlebars with bar ends.
• Drive System
: Chain driven through mid-motor integration with the crank system or pedal power. Smart Power Assist System (SPAS). Shimano Tourney® 27 speed Derailleur and Shifter system (3 speed Shimano® Altus Mega Drive Train Gears & Shifter on the front wheel and 9 speed Shimano® Altus Mega Drive Train Gears & Shifter on the rear wheel). Pro Wheel 3 speed aluminum alloy front sprocket. Variable speed thumb throttle.
: 48 volt, 10 amp lightweight Lithium LiFePo4 batteries in a sealed pack. The battery pack can be quickly and easily removed. It can be charged while attached to the bike or externally in your home or office. Key lock for security. The battery has a USB port for cell phone and device charging.
• Charge Time
: 3 hours.
: High efficiency JAK® 3SF front disk and JAK® 3SR rear disk braking system with 160mm vented brake rotors.
Width at handlebars: 25"
: 51 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity
: X-Treme lists 350 lbs, but we recommend a weight of no more than 300 lbs.
: 26" x 1.95" Kenda® pneumatic off road tires on aluminum wheels. The front & rear wheels have a quick release axles for easy removal.
• X-Treme Warranty
: 1 year manufacturer's Signature Series warranty, a lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support. Please note: The warranty does not cover the snap-on LED headlight.
- back to top -
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display w/ timer, watt usage display, battery level indicator, speedometer, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer, temperature gauge and torque sensor.
• Mountain bike seat with aluminum alloy seat post. Seat height adjusts from 33" - 41".
• Snap-On LED headlight.
• High powered, extra fast, 48v, 2ah UL certified battery charger.
• Aluminum rear cargo rack.
• Front and rear reflectors & reflectors on the spokes of both wheels.
• Tool kit.
• Extended Warranty (optional): Add 6 months to your warranty. Total warranty period is 1.5 years on the bike. The warranty on the batteries remains 1 year.
- back to top -
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized X-Treme Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some assembly required.
• Grab an extra "easy swap" X-Treme Summit 48v battery pack
and carry it with you to double the distance.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 54.5" x 8.5" x 28", 62 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (4 - 6 weeks after purchase).