- back to top -
The X-Treme Kona Electric Beach Cruiser brings out the beachgoer inside you whether you live near the shore or not. This seaside style bicycle is an upgraded version of the 24 volt X-Treme Newport. The Kona kicks it up a notch with advanced features like a 36 volt Lithium LiFePo4 battery, 350 watt motor, Smart Power Assist System (SPAS), higher quality components and more.
BUY TODAY & SAVE $50 w/ DISCOUNT COUPON CODE: urbanwow
The advanced motor, SPAS and battery system on the X-Treme Kona combine to deliver speeds of up to 23mph and a range of up to a 35 miles. The 350 watt motor is powerful enough to conquer small hills and inclines without even pedaling.
When you flip on the SPAS feature the motor drives power to the rear wheel as you pedal. It’s a “smart” power assist system because it lets you choose how much power. SPAS can be set from level 1 (low power) to level 5 (high power). The higher the setting the more help the motor gives you while pedaling.
The X-Treme Kona Electric Beach Cruiser can be ridden as follows:
1) Pedal Power Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – Twist the throttle and the motor engages. The more you twist the faster you go. You can also pedal while in Twist and Go mode.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – The motor drives power to the rear wheel as you pedal. There are five power settings to choose from. Level 1 delivers the least power and level 5 the most. While in SPAS mode you can also twist the throttle to increase speed.
The Kona by X-Treme is jam packed with high-end features like RST Carve® hydraulic fork suspension, a 7 speed Shimano Tourney® gear & shifter, Smart Power Assist System, power assist level indicator, speedometer, odometer, watt usage gauge, battery level indicator, temperature gauge, super fat Kenda® beach tires, an extra wide and super comfy seat, LED headlight, front axel with quick release, smart charger, rear cargo rack, basket, LiFePo4 batteries and more.
The cutting-edge Lithium LiFePo4 battery pack is lightweight, easy to remove and key locked for security. One neat trick to double your range is to grab a spare X-Treme Kona battery pack
. Keep it fully charged and carry it with you. When your battery runs dry, swap in the spare and you’re back on the road.
Another nice perk is that in most states electric bikes can be ridden without a driver's license, insurance or registration (take a look at our electric bike law
page for the details).
If you’re in love with the upgrades and seafront style of the X-Treme Kona, but want a step-through frame you’re in luck. Take a look at the X-Treme Hanalei 36 Volt Electric Beach Cruiser
- back to top -
: 23 mph on motor power alone. Faster speeds when pedaling.
: 25 miles on battery power alone, 35 miles when SPAS is set to level 1 and unlimited range when pedaling.
: Brushless 350 watt hub motor in the rim of the back wheel.
: The 19.5" aluminum frame is 100% hand welded and super lightweight. RST Carve® hydraulic front fork suspension system. Signature style, extra long, extra wide aluminum beach cruiser handlebars. Full sized aluminum fenders in the front and rear.
• Drive System
: Chain drive for pedaling. Rear wheel holds a hub driven motor. Variable speed twist throttle. 7 Speed Shimano Tourney® Gears & Shifter. Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) in a LCD display attached to the handlebars.
: 36 volt, 10 amp LiFePo4 Lithium battery pack. Batteries are key locked and easily removed.
• Charge Time
: 4-6 hours.
: NUTT® dual arm disk brakes on both the front and rear tires.
Width at handlebars: 26"
Height: 47", at seat 34" - 38"
: 51 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity
: The manufacturer says 350 lbs, but we suggest a max load of no more than 300 lbs.
: Oversized 26" x 2.25" Kenda® air-filled beach cruiser tires on aluminum rims. Quick release front axle. The rear wheel offers a waterproof quick disconnect feature.
• X-Treme Warranty
: 6 month manufacturer's Signature Series warranty including 1 year warranty on batteries, a lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support.
- back to top -
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized X-Treme Dealer in business since 2002.
• Smart charger.
• Extra wide beach cruiser seat with dual spring suspension. Height adjustable.
• LED headlight.
• Rear cargo rack.
• Light weight folding basket.
• Smart Power Assist System in a LCD Display w/ the following additional features: SPAS assist level gauge, battery gauge, speedometer, odometer, timer, watt usage display and temperature indicator.
• Reflectors in the rear and the spokes of both tires.
• Tool kit.
• Extended Warranty (optional): Add 6 months to your warranty. Total warranty period is 1 year on the bike. The warranty on the batteries remains 1 year.
- back to top -
• Some assembly required.
• Double your range with a spare Kona "easy swap" battery pack
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 54.5" x 8.5" x 28", 65 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (4 - 6 weeks after purchase).