- back to top -
The X-Treme Baja Folding Electric Mountain Bike is the top-of-the line folding bicycle from X-Treme. It’s a perfect fit for the space challenged among us. When you get where you’re going, just fold it in half and it squeezes into the tightest of places.
BUY TODAY & SAVE $50 w/ DISCOUNT COUPON CODE: urbanwow
The Baja full-sized folding electric bike is a 36 watt version of the X-Treme X-Cursion
. In addition to an advanced battery system, you’ll find higher quality components, a more powerful rear hub motor and a Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) on this ridge rider.
The bike propels you to speeds of up to 23 mph for up 35 miles. The 350w motor gets you over small hills and up inclines without pedaling. The X-Treme Baja is feature rich, including; an extra durable lightweight aluminum folding frame, a 7 speed Shimano Tourney® gear & shifter, RST Carve® hydraulic forks, temperature gauge, Kenda® off-road tires, battery gauge, LED headlight, odometer, cargo rack, speedometer, battery charger, power assist level indicator, watt usage monitor and more.
The X-Treme Baja’s innovative and lightweight battery pack can be popped out quickly and replaced with a spare 36 volt Baja LiFePo4 lithium battery
(purchased separately) for extra range. The battery rests inside the frame and is accessed when the Baja is folded. To keep both the battery and rider safe the frame is key locked. As an added perk, the battery pack can charged away from the bike in your home or office.
When activated, X-Treme’s leading edge Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) applies power to the rear wheel while pedaling. It takes much of the work out of pedaling so you can enjoy the ride. How much power assist you want is up to you. That’s what makes this system "smart". You have 5 levels to choose from. The higher the level, the more power you send to the rear wheel while pushing the pedals.
There are three different power options available while riding the X-Treme Baja electric mountain bike:
1) Pedaling Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – You activate the motor by twisting the variable speed throttle on the handlebar. Pedaling is also an option while using the throttle.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – Turn on SPAS and the motor kicks in while you’re pedaling. The system is "smart" because you decide how much power the motor delivers. You can choose from five different power levels. Level 5 applies the most power while level 1 the least. If you need an extra jolt of speed, just twist the throttle.
The X-Treme Baja electric mountain bike costs pennies to charge and in most states you can take it on the road without insurance, a driver's license or registration. See our electric bicycle law
page for more info.
- back to top -
: 23 mph without pedaling (you can reach higher top speeds while pedaling).
: Up to 35 miles when SPAS is set to level 1, 25 miles without pedaling and boundless range while pushing the pedals.
: 350w brushless hub motor. The motor is located in the center of the rear wheel.
: The key locked, highly durable 22" aluminum frame folds in half for easy transport and storage. It’s hand welded and super lightweight. RST Carve® hydraulic front fork suspension system.
• Drive System
: Hub drive motor in the center of the rear wheel. 7 Speed Shimano Tourney® Shifter and Gears. Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) in a LCD display. Twist throttle (variable speed). A standard chain and sprocket system moves you along when pedaling.
: Super lightweight 36 volt, 10 amp LiFePo4 batteries. The battery pack mounts inside the cross-bar on the key locked frame and can be accessed when the frame is unfolded. It can be charged while inside the bike or removed and charged externally at home or the office.
• Charge Time
: 6 hours.
: NUTT® disk brakes (dual arm). Brakes located in both the front and rear.
Length: 72", when folded 40"
Width at handlebars: 25.5"
: 51 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity
: X-Treme says 350 lbs, but we suggest this ebike for riders up to 300 lbs.
: Kenda® 26" x 1.95" pneumatic off-road tires on aluminum rims. There’s a waterproof quick disconnect feature on the rear tire and a quick release feature on the front axle.
• X-Treme Warranty
: 6 month manufacturer's Signature Series warranty including 1 year warranty on batteries, a lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support.
- back to top -
• Smart charger.
• Comfortable seat. Height adjustable from 34" - 39".
• Key locked frame.
• LED headlight.
• Cargo rack.
• LCD Display on the handlebars that offers multiple functions, including; Smart Power Assist System gauge, timer, watt usage monitor, speedometer, odometer, battery power indicator and temp gauge.
• Reflectors in the rear and the spokes of both tires.
• Tool kit.
• Extended Warranty (optional): Add 6 months to your warranty. Total warranty period is 1 year on the bike. The warranty on the batteries remains 1 year.
- back to top -
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized X-Treme Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some assembly required.
• Need to travel far? Double your range with a spare "easy swap" Baja battery pack
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 54.5" x 8.5" x 28", 65 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (4 - 6 weeks after purchase).